2020 Hit The Trail!
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s Hit the Trail Challenge on the Whitefish Trail!
YOU logged 26,072 miles this May and raised a record $26,072 for our local trail and protected lands! We hope you had fun getting in shape this spring and connecting with our local lands. A huge thanks to the High Stakes Foundation, Tailwinds Charitable Foundation, BlueCross BlueShield of Montana, North Valley Hospital, and Kalispell Regional Healthcare for matching miles for dollars and supporting health and wellness in our community. Below are the results**.
Most Points Workplace Teams (calculated as a per person mileage average with a 2.5:1 adjustment for biking miles):
- Competitive Timing: 147.4 points (3 team members)
- HeartStone Advisors: 88.8 points (6 team members)
- Muldown Elementary Teachers: 87.2 points (10 team members)
- ZaneRay Group: 49.7 points (17 team members)
Most TOTAL miles Workplace Teams:
- Muldown Elementary Teachers 1,703 miles (10 team members)
- The Wave 1,359 miles (15 team members)
- Healthy Living Cooperative 1,337 miles (23 team members)
- ZaneRay Group 1,272 miles (17 team members)
Most miles hiked:
- (tied) Henry Roberts 150 miles
- (tied) Essie Roberts 150 miles
- Strava user ‘Cuzzy Bear’ 138 miles
Most miles biked:
- Clint Muhlfeld 808 miles
- Geoff Gibb 551 miles
- Eric Greenberg 470 miles
Most Miles Run:
- Garrett Bloom: 229 miles
- Tristan Scott: 211 miles
- Wendy Seguine: 113 miles
Most Miles on Horseback:
- Jenna Anderson 88 miles
Whitefish Middle School Challenge (1,846 total miles logged!):
- 7th Grade Students: 728 miles
- 5th Grade Students: 571 miles
- 8th Grade Students: 450 miles
- 6th Grade Students: 97 miles
**Limitations with Strava may have resulted in discrepancies in actual miles logged.
LOG YOUR MILES IN THREE WAYS:
- 1. Use this ONLINE FORM. (Linked here and also below).
- 2. Join our Hit the Trail! Challenge Strava Club (and make your activities PUBLIC). We’ll track your WT miles for you!
- 3. Download a paper form HERE and submit by May 31st
Total miles for an activity count as long as your adventure takes you on the Whitefish Trail. For example, if you ride your bike from your house to Lion Mountain, ALL of your trip miles count including pedestrian commuter miles.