WLP Hiring Director of Development
Director of Development
Whitefish Legacy Partners is a non-profit organization whose community-minded vision is to ensure conservation, recreation, and education on the lands around Whitefish for future generations. To ensure conservation, recreation, and education on the lands around Whitefish, WLP’s work will leave a lasting legacy for our community that will include a 55-mile natural surface loop trail around Whitefish Lake and permanent conservation and community stewardship of lands for water quality, wildlife, and recreation access. Our work will focus on the Whitefish Lake and Haskill Basin watersheds to provide clean water, open views, and educational and recreational opportunities for the Whitefish community. The upcoming years will be focused on our Vision 2020 goals Connecting Places Worth Protecting – Close the Loop.
Revenues: $500,000 – $5 million. For more information, please visit whitefishlegacy.org
In partnership and reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development and marketing efforts as Whitefish Legacy Partners continues to grow and pursue organizational goals. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function and enhance our marketing efforts. The Director and ED will work in partnership with the engaged and committed board of directors to provide leadership, skill, and vision to build on our successes in the Whitefish community.
- Develop and execute WLP’s annual fundraising and marketing plans
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and potential funders
- Execute effective administration and management of WLP’s fundraising and communications work
- Oversee special events supporting WLP and the Whitefish Trail
- Develop and support the development of marketing materials, social media campaigns, ad campaigns, and a PR strategy based on the organization’s positioning and branding strategy
- Expand endowment and gifting programs to support planned giving funding
- Other duties as assigned
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 3-plus years experience in non-profit development and private philanthropy
- Ability to develop fundraising, marketing and comprehensive strategies
- Self-motivated; able to multi-task with excellent attention to detail and deadlines; and can perform successfully without regular supervision
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Full-time salaried position, 40 hours/week
Please send your resume and cover letter to WLP, PO Box 1895, Whitefish, MT 59937. This position will remain open until filled.