WLP wins $240,000 in grants for Haskill Basin!
Whitefish Legacy Partners has two very big reasons to celebrate. Our hard work during the winter/spring grant season has paid off. We have secured two major grants for trails, trailheads, lake access, signage, the trail survey, and a BLA adjacent parcel purchase –
ALL for Haskill Basin in 2017!
Securing these grants is a big accomplishment for the community and brings us one step closer to Closing the Loop. So…what exactly are these grants going to fund?
- 2 NEW trailheads for easy access:
- Closest to town, one TH will be 1/2 mile up Reservoir Rd. immediately west of the City water treatment facility. This TH will offer parking, picnic sites, educational kiosks & more….
- The 2nd TH will be on Big Mountain Road just north of Lookout Ridge thanks to Whitefish Mountain Resort!
- 5+ miles of NEW single-track. The new trail will connect town to Big Mountain with wonderful destinations along the way!
- In partnership with Glacier Nordic, the Big Mtn. TH will have groomed cross country ski access to both the groomed trails at Whitefish Mtn. Resort AND in Haskill Basin.