Save the Date for Winter Trails Day 2015 – Saturday January 10th
2015 Winter Trails Day: Free Family Fun and Winter Recreation Demos
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2014
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Get outside with your family on National Winter Trails Day! Join Whitefish Legacy Partners at Stillwater Mountain Lodge and the Whitefish Bike Retreat, just minutes from downtown Whitefish, for a day of cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snow fatbike riding and winter fun!
At the Stillwater Mountain Lodge location, try out cross-country skiing on Stillwater Nordic Center’s groomed trails. Bring your own equipment or try complimentary demo equipment on site from Stillwater Mountain Lodge and Sportsman & Ski Haus. Ravenwood Outdoor Learning Center will lead a fun multi-sport relay race at 11:00am
Head across the road to our other location, the Whitefish Bike Retreat, to demo a fat bike on the Whitefish Trail. Great Northern Cycles, Glaciery Cyclery and Nordic and Wheaton’s Cycle will be providing complimentary fatbike demos. There will be five different brands of fatbikes available including Specialized, Borealis, Kona, Trek, and Salsa. Snowshoes from Paddlefish will also available to explore the Whitefish Trail.
Both locations will have warm fires, hot cocoa, coffee from Montana Coffee Traders and soup from the Cuisine Machine for purchase after your trail adventures. This is a FREE event open to the public.
Stillwater Mountain Lodge
750 Beaver Lake Road
– Free use of groomed trails and ski rentals
– Cross country ski and snowshoe demos from Whitefish Sportsman & Ski Haus
– Ravenwood Outdoor Learning Center will lead a fun multi-sport relay race at 11:00am
Whitefish Bike Retreat
855 Beaver Lake Road
Fat Bike Demo’s on the Whitefish Trail by:
– Great Northern Cycles, Glaciery Cyclery & Nordic, and Wheaton’s Cycle
– Five different brands of fatbikes will be available: Specialized, Borealis, Kona, Trek, and Salsa
– Snowshoe demos by Paddlefish in Whitefish